This bridge was condemned in the late 1930s but cyclists continued to use it until it was torn down (approximately 1940)
Until the early 1920s the Canadian Pacific Railway maintained a well and pumping station near the southeast corner of this bridge, which pumped water through a pipeline to a locomotive watering tank at Kemnay.
For custodial history see the collection level description of the Lawrence Stuckey collection.
Scope and Content
Assiniboine River Bridge North of Kemnay
[Mr. Stuckey put a negative and print in the same envelope. We have separated them, numbering the negative OB5(1) and the print OB5(1a).]