The building pictured was built in 1906-1907. Prior to its use as the Public Library, the building housed the Merchants Bank of Canada. The Library left this location in 1984 when it moved to the former Co-op store on 7th Street & Princess Avenue. This building subsequently became the Brandon Chamber of Commerce building in September of 1985. According to Stuckey, the façade of the building is to remain as heritage building, with interior renovations undertaken with government financing.
For custodial history see the collection level description of the Lawrence Stuckey collection.
Scope and Content
Brandon Public Library [branch of Western Manitoba Regional Library].