Originally built as a courthouse and jail in 1884, the building's use as a courthouse ended with the construction of a new courthouse on 11th Street and Princess Avenue in 1908. It continued to be used as a provincial jail until December 1979.
For custodial history see the collection level description of the Lawrence Stuckey collection.
Scope and Content
Old Provincial Jail
Additional historical information provided by Fred McGuinness collection (20-2009).