Skip header and navigation

Revise Search

20 records – page 1 of 1.

Ravenscourt Apartments

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions9434
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
June 11, 1979
Accession Number
1-2002
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Creator
L.A. Stuckey
Description Level
Item
Series Number
3.1
Item Number
1-2002.3.1DD1a
Accession Number
1-2002
GMD
graphic
Date Range
June 11, 1979
Physical Description
2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Material Details
Negative
History / Biographical
Ravenscourt was completed before Parkview Apartments, on right in photo.
[In 1956] Ravenscourt became the Bullock Booth Home [for senior citizens], until replaced by new Dinsdale Home in late 1985.
Custodial History
For custodial history see the collection level description of the Lawrence Stuckey collection.
Scope and Content
Ravenscourt Apartments
Notes
Located on the south side, 1300 block of Princess Ave.
[From a combined negative.]
Name Access
Ravenscourt Apartments
Subject Access
apartment buildings
Brandon apartment buildings
Repro Restriction
The McKee Archives is the copyright holder for the Stuckey materials.
Storage Location
Lawrence Stuckey collection
Images
Show Less

Belvidere Apartments

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions9405
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
January 2, 1978
Accession Number
1-2002
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Creator
L.A. Stuckey
Description Level
Item
Series Number
3.1
Item Number
1-2002.3.1DC5
Accession Number
1-2002
GMD
graphic
Date Range
January 2, 1978
Physical Description
2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Material Details
Negative
History / Biographical
Building was built as the Reno Hotel in 1910, the city's best; was soon overshadowed by Canadian Northern Railway's Prince Edward Hotel in 1912; Became Belvidere Apts. 1918
This is the only building, apart from houses, completely faced with "Samson's" brick from Brandon Sand & Brick Co. (plant at 30th St. & Princess Ave - presently playground of Valleyview School) to survive into the 1980's. Ornamentation around door and windows is the only surviving example of their red dyed brick, known.
Custodial History
For custodial history see the collection level description of the Lawrence Stuckey collection.
Scope and Content
Belvidere Apartments (ex. Reno Hotel), 1280 Rosser Ave.
Notes
[Mr. Stuckey put two negatives (DC5 and DC5a) in same envelope, which we have separated, along with a print we numbered DC5(b).]
Name Access
Belvidere Apartments
Subject Access
apartment buildings
hotels
Brandon hotels
Brandon apartment buildings
Repro Restriction
The McKee Archives is the copyright holder for the Stuckey materials.
Storage Location
Lawrence Stuckey collection
Images
Show Less

Belvidere Apartments

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions9407
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
January 2, 1978
Accession Number
1-2002
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Creator
L.A. Stuckey
Description Level
Item
Series Number
3.1
Item Number
1-2002.3.1DC5(b)
Accession Number
1-2002
GMD
graphic
Date Range
January 2, 1978
Physical Description
3 1/4" x 4 1/2"
Material Details
Photograph
History / Biographical
Building was built as the Reno Hotel in 1910, the city's best; was soon overshadowed by Canadian Northern Railway's Prince Edward Hotel in 1912; Became Belvidere Apts. 1918
This is the only building, apart from houses, completely faced with "Samson's" brick from Brandon Sand & Brick Co. (plant at 30th St. & Princess Ave - presently playground of Valleyview School) to survive into the 1980's. Ornamentation around door and windows is the only surviving example of their red dyed brick, known.
Custodial History
For custodial history see the collection level description of the Lawrence Stuckey collection.
Scope and Content
Belvidere Apartments (ex. Reno Hotel), 1280 Rosser Ave.
Notes
[Mr. Stuckey put two negatives (DC5 and DC5a) in same envelope, which we have separated, along with a print we numbered DC5(b).]
Name Access
Belvidere Apartments
Subject Access
apartment buildings
hotels
Brandon hotels
Brandon apartment buildings
Repro Restriction
The McKee Archives is the copyright holder for the Stuckey materials.
Storage Location
Lawrence Stuckey collection
Images
Show Less

Belvidere Apartments - Detail of Front Entrance

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions9406
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
January 2, 1978
Accession Number
1-2002
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Creator
L.A. Stuckey
Description Level
Item
Series Number
3.1
Item Number
1-2002.3.1DC5a
Accession Number
1-2002
GMD
graphic
Date Range
January 2, 1978
Physical Description
2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Material Details
Negative
History / Biographical
Building was built as the Reno Hotel in 1910, the city's best; was soon overshadowed by Canadian Northern Railway's Prince Edward Hotel in 1912; Became Belvidere Apts. 1918
This is the only building, apart from houses, completely faced with "Samson's" brick from Brandon Sand & Brick Co. (plant at 30th St. & Princess Ave - presently playground of Valleyview School) to survive into the 1980's. Ornamentation around door and windows is the only surviving example of their red dyed brick, known.
Custodial History
For custodial history see the collection level description of the Lawrence Stuckey collection.
Scope and Content
Front entrance of Belvidere Apartments (ex. Reno Hotel), 1280 Rosser Ave.
Notes
[Mr. Stuckey put two negatives (DC5 and DC5a) in same envelope, which we have separated, along with a print we numbered DC5(b).]
Name Access
Belvidere Apartments
Subject Access
apartment buildings
hotels
Brandon hotels
Brandon apartment buildings
Repro Restriction
The McKee Archives is the copyright holder for the Stuckey materials.
Storage Location
Lawrence Stuckey collection
Images
Show Less

The Towers Apartment Building

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions9435
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
January 21, 1971
Accession Number
1-2002
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Creator
L.A. Stuckey
Description Level
Item
Series Number
3.1
Item Number
1-2002.3.1DD2(1)
Accession Number
1-2002
GMD
graphic
Date Range
January 21, 1971
Physical Description
2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Material Details
Negative
Custodial History
For custodial history see the collection level description of the Lawrence Stuckey collection.
Scope and Content
"The Towers" apartment building
Notes
Located on the south side, 1900 block of Rosser Ave.
[Mr. Stuckey put two negatives in the same envelope, and taped two prints to the outside. We have separated them and numbered the negatives DD2(1) and DD2(2), and the prints DD2(1a) and DD2(2a).]
Name Access
The Towers Apartment Building
Subject Access
apartment buildings
Brandon apartment buildings
Repro Restriction
The McKee Archives is the copyright holder for the Stuckey materials.
Storage Location
Lawrence Stuckey collection
Images
Show Less

The Towers Apartment Building

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions9436
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
January 21, 1971
Accession Number
1-2002
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Creator
L.A. Stuckey
Description Level
Item
Series Number
3.1
Item Number
1-2002.3.1DD2(2)
Accession Number
1-2002
GMD
graphic
Date Range
January 21, 1971
Physical Description
2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Material Details
Negative
Custodial History
For custodial history see the collection level description of the Lawrence Stuckey collection.
Scope and Content
"The Towers" apartment building
Notes
Located on the south side, 1900 block of Rosser Ave.
[Mr. Stuckey put two negatives in the same envelope, and taped two prints to the outside. We have separated them and numbered the negatives DD2(1) and DD2(2), and the prints DD2(1a) and DD2(2a).]
Name Access
The Towers Apartment Building
Subject Access
apartment buildings
Brandon apartment buildings
Repro Restriction
The McKee Archives is the copyright holder for the Stuckey materials.
Storage Location
Lawrence Stuckey collection
Images
Show Less

The Towers Apartment Building

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions9437
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
January 21, 1971
Accession Number
1-2002
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Creator
L.A. Stuckey
Description Level
Item
Series Number
3.1
Item Number
1-2002.3.1DD2(2a)
Accession Number
1-2002
GMD
graphic
Date Range
January 21, 1971
Physical Description
2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Material Details
Photograph
Custodial History
For custodial history see the collection level description of the Lawrence Stuckey collection.
Scope and Content
"The Towers" apartment building
Notes
Located on the south side, 1900 block of Rosser Ave.
[Mr. Stuckey put two negatives in the same envelope, and taped two prints to the outside. We have separated them and numbered the negatives DD2(1) and DD2(2), and the prints DD2(1a) and DD2(2a).]
Name Access
The Towers Apartment Building
Subject Access
apartment buildings
Brandon apartment buildings
Repro Restriction
The McKee Archives is the copyright holder for the Stuckey materials.
Storage Location
Lawrence Stuckey collection
Images
Show Less

The Towers Apartment Building

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions9438
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
January 21, 1971
Accession Number
1-2002
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Creator
L.A. Stuckey
Description Level
Item
Series Number
3.1
Item Number
1-2002.3.1DD2(1a)
Accession Number
1-2002
GMD
graphic
Date Range
January 21, 1971
Physical Description
2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Material Details
Photograph
Custodial History
For custodial history see the collection level description of the Lawrence Stuckey collection.
Scope and Content
"The Towers" apartment building
Notes
Located on the south side, 1900 block of Rosser Ave.
[Mr. Stuckey put two negatives in the same envelope, and taped two prints to the outside. We have separated them and numbered the negatives DD2(1) and DD2(2), and the prints DD2(1a) and DD2(2a).]
Name Access
The Towers Apartment Building
Subject Access
apartment buildings
Brandon apartment buildings
Repro Restriction
The McKee Archives is the copyright holder for the Stuckey materials.
Storage Location
Lawrence Stuckey collection
Images
Show Less

Princess Park Lodge

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions9440
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
March 4, 1979
Accession Number
1-2002
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Creator
L.A. Stuckey
Description Level
Item
Series Number
3.1
Item Number
1-2002.3.1DD4
Accession Number
1-2002
GMD
graphic
Date Range
March 4, 1979
Physical Description
2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Material Details
Negative
Custodial History
For custodial history see the collection level description of the Lawrence Stuckey collection.
Scope and Content
Princess Park Lodge
Name Access
Princess Park Lodge
Subject Access
apartment buildings
Brandon apartment buildings
Repro Restriction
The McKee Archives is the copyright holder for the Stuckey materials.
Storage Location
Lawrence Stuckey collection
Images
Show Less

Westman Lions Manor

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions9441
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
October 22, 1989
Accession Number
1-2002
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Creator
L.A. Stuckey
Description Level
Item
Series Number
3.1
Item Number
1-2002.3.1DD5
Accession Number
1-2002
GMD
graphic
Date Range
October 22, 1989
Physical Description
2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Material Details
Negative
History / Biographical
Site of former Earl Haig School.
Custodial History
For custodial history see the collection level description of the Lawrence Stuckey collection.
Scope and Content
Westman Lions Manor
Notes
Located at northeast corner of 1st St. & Victoria Avenue
[Mr. Stuckey put two negatives in the same envelope, numbering them DD5 and DD5a. We have separated them, keeping their original numbers.]
Name Access
Westman Lions Manor
Subject Access
apartment buildings
Brandon apartment buildings
Repro Restriction
The McKee Archives is the copyright holder for the Stuckey materials.
Storage Location
Lawrence Stuckey collection
Images
Show Less

Westman Lions Manor

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions9442
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
October 22, 1989
Accession Number
1-2002
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Creator
L.A. Stuckey
Description Level
Item
Series Number
3.1
Item Number
1-2002.3.1DD5a
Accession Number
1-2002
GMD
graphic
Date Range
October 22, 1989
Physical Description
2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Material Details
Negative
History / Biographical
Site of former Earl Haig School.
Custodial History
For custodial history see the collection level description of the Lawrence Stuckey collection.
Scope and Content
Westman Lions Manor
Notes
Located at northeast corner of 1st St. & Victoria Avenue
[Mr. Stuckey put two negatives in the same envelope, numbering them DD5 and DD5a. We have separated them, keeping their original numbers.]
Name Access
Westman Lions Manor
Subject Access
apartment buildings
Brandon apartment buildings
Repro Restriction
The McKee Archives is the copyright holder for the Stuckey materials.
Storage Location
Lawrence Stuckey collection
Images
Show Less
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
March 16, 1975
Accession Number
1-2002
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Creator
L.A. Stuckey
Description Level
Item
Series Number
3.1
Item Number
1-2002.3.1DD3
Accession Number
1-2002
GMD
graphic
Date Range
March 16, 1975
Physical Description
2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Material Details
Negative
Custodial History
For custodial history see the collection level description of the Lawrence Stuckey collection.
Scope and Content
Scotia Tower apartment building
Notes
[View from Tenth Street, looking north toward Rosser Avenue.]
Name Access
Scotia Tower
Subject Access
downtowns
banks
apartment buildings
Brandon apartment buildings
Repro Restriction
The McKee Archives is the copyright holder for the Stuckey materials.
Location Copy
1-2002.3.9.40
Storage Location
Lawrence Stuckey collection
Images
Show Less

W.F. McGuinness at the Dominion Express Co.

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions14019
Part Of
Fred McGuinness collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
[1900s]
Accession Number
1-2015
Part Of
Fred McGuinness collection
Description Level
Item
Series Number
McG 9
Item Number
1-2015.89
Accession Number
1-2015
GMD
graphic
Date Range
[1900s]
Physical Description
2.5" x 3.5" (b/w)
Physical Condition
Photograph is folded and torn
Scope and Content
Photograph shows a group of four men standing on a platform at the entrance of the Dominion Express Company. William Frederick McGuinness stands on the left.
Name Access
William Frederick McGuinness
W.F. McGuinness
Dominion Express Company
Subject Access
Brandon business buildings & facilities before 1940
building exteriors
Conservation
on matting
Storage Location
RG 5 photograph storage drawer 2 (hanging photos)
Arrangement
BR #3 Family pictures
Images
Show Less

Churches of Brandon postcard

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions13871
Part Of
Fred McGuinness collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
1910s
Accession Number
20-2009
Part Of
Fred McGuinness collection
Creator
Published by Christie's Bookstore, Brandon, Man.
Description Level
Item
Series Number
McG 9
Item Number
20-2009.181
Accession Number
20-2009
GMD
graphic
Date Range
1910s
Physical Description
3.5" x 5.5" (colour)
Material Details
postcard
Scope and Content
Photograph shows exterior views of five Brandon churches: Baptist Church, Presbyterian Church, St. Matthew's Church, Catholic Church and Monastery, and Methodist Church.
Notes
Part of "Christie's Brandon Series of Six Colored Picture Postcards of Brandon, Manitoba, The Crown Series, Published by Christie's Bookstore, Brandon, Man." [note: missing sixth postcard]. Writing on the front of the photograph reads: Baptist Church, Presbyterian Church Brandon Man., St. Matthew's Church, Catholic Church and Monastery, Methodist Church.
Name Access
St. Matthew's Church
St. Augustine's Church
First Baptist Church
Presbyterian Church
Methodist Church
Subject Access
churches
building exteriors
Brandon business buildings & facilities before 1940
Storage Location
RG 5 photograph storage drawer 2 (hanging photos)
Arrangement
From 20-2009 File 9
Images
Show Less

Brandon College viewbook postcard

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions13882
Part Of
Fred McGuinness collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
1920s
Accession Number
20-2009
Part Of
Fred McGuinness collection
Creator
Printed by Photogelatine Engraving Co. Ltd., Ottawa
Description Level
Item
Series Number
McG 9
Item Number
20-2009.192
Accession Number
20-2009
GMD
graphic
Date Range
1920s
Physical Description
3.5" x 5.5" (b/w)
Material Details
postcard
Scope and Content
Photograph shows a southwestern view of Clark Hall and the Brandon College Original Building. The Citizen Science Building is absent from the campus grounds.
Notes
Part of "Souvenir of Brandon, Manitoba, Canada [viewbook], Printed by Photogelatine Engraving Co. Limited, Ottawa." Dates obtained from the Burchill's Music Store Henderson's Brandon City Directory listings (1927-1929). Writing on the front of the photograph reads: Brandon College, Brandon, Man.
Name Access
Brandon General Hospital
Subject Access
Brandon business buildings & facilities before 1940
hospitals
building exteriors
Storage Location
RG 5 photograph storage drawer 2 (hanging photos)
Arrangement
From 20-2009 photos
Images
Show Less

City Hall and YMCA viewbook postcard

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions13885
Part Of
Fred McGuinness collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
1920s
Accession Number
20-2009
Part Of
Fred McGuinness collection
Creator
Printed by Photogelatine Engraving Co. Ltd., Ottawa
Description Level
Item
Series Number
McG 9
Item Number
20-2009.195
Accession Number
20-2009
GMD
graphic
Date Range
1920s
Physical Description
3.5" x 5.5" (b/w)
Material Details
postcard
Scope and Content
Photograph shows two separate views. One is of the main entrance of (Old) City Hall on Princess Avenue. The other view shows the ediface of the YMCA building as well as the adjacent St. Paul's United and First United Churches on 8th Street.
Notes
Part of "Souvenir of Brandon, Manitoba, Canada [viewbook], Printed by Photogelatine Engraving Co. Limited, Ottawa." Dates obtained from the Burchill's Music Store Henderson's Brandon City Directory listings (1927-1929). Writing on the front of the photograph reads: City Hall - Brandon, Man; YMCA, St. Paul's United & First Church United, Brandon, Man.
Name Access
YMCA
St. Paul's United Church
First United Church
City Hall
Old City Hall
8th Street
Subject Access
Brandon business buildings & facilities before 1940
churches
building exteriors
Storage Location
RG 5 photograph storage drawer 2 (hanging photos)
Arrangement
From 20-2009 photos
Images
Show Less

Syndicate Block fire 1916

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions13999
Part Of
Fred McGuinness collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
1916
Accession Number
1-2015
Part Of
Fred McGuinness collection
Description Level
Item
Series Number
McG 9
Item Number
1-2015.69
Accession Number
1-2015
GMD
graphic
Date Range
1916
Physical Description
4.25" x 2.5" (b/w)
Physical Condition
Photograph has hole in bottom right corner
Custodial History
Photograph was given to Fred McGuinness by Linda Bilkoski (nee Lepard) of Lac du Bonnet, MB.
Scope and Content
Photograph shows the remains of the Syndicate Block after the fire in January 1916. The building is situated on the southwest corner of Seventh Street and Rosser Avenue. Ice from the firefighting process covers the building. The tailor shop J.S. Laughton & Son (701 Rosser Avenue) can be seen on the north side of Rosser Avenue.
Name Access
7th Street
Syndicate Block
J.S. Laughton & Son
Rosser Avenue
Subject Access
fires
building exteriors
Brandon business buildings & facilities before 1940
Storage Location
RG 5 photograph storage drawer 2 (hanging photos)
Arrangement
McG 4.1 File 27
Images
Show Less

Nation & Shewan store window

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions14003
Part Of
Fred McGuinness collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
1914
Accession Number
1-2015
Part Of
Fred McGuinness collection
Description Level
Item
Series Number
McG 9
Item Number
1-2015.73
Accession Number
1-2015
GMD
graphic
Date Range
1914
Physical Description
6.5" x 4.5" (b/w)
Physical Condition
Top left corner is bent
History / Biographical
Erected in 1889, on the southeast corner of Rosser Avenue and 7th Street at 806 Rosser Avenue, this block was designed by Brandon architect W.H. Shillinglaw. At the time of its construction the structure housed the Nation & Shewan Department Store, one of Brandon’s largest and most successful drygoods businesses, owned and operated by Fred Nation and Alexander Shewan. Major improvements were made to the store and an annex was added in 1910. Some of the renovation additions included, but were not limited to, an updated frontage with new copper sash windows and prismatic glass tops, plate glass windows, new fixtures and carpet. With the renovations the floor space of the business was to be almost doubled. The stock of the business also increased, with the Brandon Weekly Sun reporting that when finished, Nation & Shewan would be a “store of which the citizens of Brandon will be justly proud.” The drygoods firm operated until Nation’s death 1926, when it became known as A. Shewan Limited. From 1933 to 1944, the business was known as Shewan and Son. Shortly thereafter, the Metroplitan Stores Ltd began operating out of the Nation & Shewan Block. In 2000, the Town Centre prepared to knock down the Red Apple Building, formerly the Nation & Shewan Block. The demolition was to make way for the new atrium and entrance for the mall, and begin a new period of redevelopment at the downtown shopping centre. [History/Bio written by Christy Henry (SJ McKee Archives) and Eileen Trott (Daly House Museum), researched by Morganna Maylon, for 2015 photographic exhibition "Gowen's Brandon: Then and Now".]
Custodial History
Photograph was given to Fred McGuinness by Linda Bilkoski (nee Lepard) of Lac du Bonnet, MB.
Scope and Content
Photograph shows a display of women's clothing and accessories in the window at Nation & Shewan. A sign reads: 1914 Spring Opening commences on Wednesday March 25th.
Notes
Writing on the back of the photograph reads: Mrs. E. Harden, 33-10th St., City. According to the Henderson's Brandon City Directories, Catharine "Kate" Harden (nee Chalmers) worked as a cashier at Nation & Shewan from 1913 to 1914.
Name Access
Nation & Shewan
Kate Harden
Subject Access
building exteriors
advertising
Brandon business buildings & facilities before 1940
Storage Location
RG 5 photograph storage drawer 2 (hanging photos)
Arrangement
McG 4.1 File 27
Images
Show Less

Brandon General Hospital postcard

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions13873
Part Of
Fred McGuinness collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
1910s
Accession Number
20-2009
Part Of
Fred McGuinness collection
Creator
Published by Christie's Bookstore, Brandon, Man.
Description Level
Item
Series Number
McG 9
Item Number
20-2009.183
Accession Number
20-2009
GMD
graphic
Date Range
1910s
Physical Description
3.5" x 5.5" (colour)
Material Details
postcard
Scope and Content
Photograph shows the buildings of the Brandon General Hospital
Notes
Part of "Christie's Brandon Series of Six Colored Picture Postcards of Brandon, Manitoba, The Crown Series, Published by Christie's Bookstore, Brandon, Man." [note: missing sixth postcard]. Writing on the front of the photograph reads: Brandon General Hospital, Brandon, Man.
Name Access
Brandon General Hospital
Subject Access
hospitals
Brandon business buildings & facilities before 1940
Storage Location
RG 5 photograph storage drawer 2 (hanging photos)
Arrangement
From 20-2009 File 9
Images
Show Less

Brandon General Hospital viewbook postcard

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions13881
Part Of
Fred McGuinness collection
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
1927-1929
Accession Number
20-2009
Part Of
Fred McGuinness collection
Creator
Printed by Photogelatine Engraving Co. Ltd., Ottawa
Description Level
Item
Series Number
McG 9
Item Number
20-2009.191
Accession Number
20-2009
GMD
graphic
Date Range
1927-1929
Physical Description
3.5" x 5.5" (b/w)
Material Details
postcard
Physical Condition
Postcard is water damaged on back and ripped
Scope and Content
Photograph shows an eastern view of the hospital grounds, including the 1922 hospital building.
Notes
Part of "Souvenir of Brandon, Manitoba, Canada [viewbook], Printed by Photogelatine Engraving Co. Limited, Ottawa." Dates obtained from the Burchill's Music Store Henderson's Brandon City Directory listings (1927-1929). Writing on the front of the photograph reads: Hospital & Nurses Home, Brandon, Man.
Name Access
Brandon General Hospital
Subject Access
Brandon business buildings & facilities before 1940
hospitals
Storage Location
RG 5 photograph storage drawer 2 (hanging photos)
Arrangement
From 20-2009 photos
Images
Show Less

20 records – page 1 of 1.