Skip header and navigation

Revise Search

2 records – page 1 of 1.

Merchants Bank (Public Library) Building

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions9295
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
January 21, 1979
Accession Number
1-2002
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Description Level
Item
Series Number
3.1
Item Number
1-2002.3.1D9(1)
Accession Number
1-2002
GMD
graphic
Date Range
January 21, 1979
Physical Description
2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Material Details
Negative
History / Biographical
Built 1906-07; Former Merchants Bank of Canada; Library moved to former Co-op store on 7th Street & Princess Ave in 1984; This building became the Brandon Chamber of Commerce in September of 1985; Façade to remain as heritage building, interior renovations to be conducted with government financing.
Custodial History
For custodial history see the collection level description of the Lawrence Stuckey collection.
Scope and Content
The Merchants Bank of Canada (Western Manitoba Regional Library)
Notes
[Mr. Stuckey wrote on envelope "3 negs." but there is only one in the envelope.]
Name Access
Merchants Bank
Public Library
Chamber of Commerce
Smith's Tobacco
Fraser Block
Scotia Towers
Subject Access
downtowns
businesses
libraries
banks
chambers of commerce
Brandon Public Buildings
Repro Restriction
The McKee Archives is the copyright holder for the Stuckey materials.
Storage Location
Lawrence Stuckey collection
Images
Show Less

Construction of St. Mary's Ukrainian Catholic Church

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions9773
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
[between 1939 and 1941]
Accession Number
1-2002
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Creator
L.A. Stuckey
Description Level
Item
Series Number
3.1
Item Number
1-2002.3.1K11
Accession Number
1-2002
GMD
graphic
Date Range
[between 1939 and 1941]
Physical Description
2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Material Details
Negative
History / Biographical
Construction began in 1939 and was completed in 1941.
Custodial History
For custodial history see the collection level description of the Lawrence Stuckey collection.
Scope and Content
Construction of St. Mary's Ukrainian Catholic Church
Notes
The small building is a shoe shop; sign by pole reads "Harry's Shoe Shop"
From the collection of Harry Pasklivich (the shoemaker)
Name Access
St. Mary's Ukrainian Catholic Church
Subject Access
shoe stores
Christianity
Church buildings
Brandon Churches
Brandon Early Construction Scenes
Repro Restriction
The McKee Archives is the copyright holder for the Stuckey materials.
Storage Location
Lawrence Stuckey collection
Images
Show Less