Skip header and navigation

Revise Search

3 records – page 1 of 1.

William J. Birtles fonds

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions4813
Part Of
RG 5 Western Manitoba Manuscript Collection
Description Level
Collection
GMD
multiple media
Date Range
c. 1880; c. 1935-2001
Accession Number
7-2003
Part Of
RG 5 Western Manitoba Manuscript Collection
Description Level
Collection
Accession Number
7-2003
GMD
multiple media
Date Range
c. 1880; c. 1935-2001
Physical Description
4 photographs; 2 biographical sketches
History / Biographical
William Birtles was born in Alexander, Manitoba in 1930. He received his early education at Alexander School. In 1948, he completed grade 12 at St. John's College School in Winnipeg. He undertook formal training in art, beginning in 1949, at the Winnipeg School of Art. In 1952, he graduated from the Manitoba Provincial Normal School. After teaching school in Winnipeg for three years, Birtles completed a Bachelor of Fine Arts with a major in Sculpture in 1958. He obtained a Bachelor of Education from the University of Manitoba in 1970. Throughout his adult years, Birtles taught in various Manitoba communities, was active as an artist, showing his work and winning awards. He was also active in the Manitoba Society of Artists and associated provincial organizations. Birtles is retired and is a resident of Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Custodial History
All of the items in the fonds were in the possession of William Birtles until their donation to the McKee Archives in 2003.
Scope and Content
Fonds consists of photographs of Ms. Sarah Birtles, Rt. Rev W.W.H. Thomas D.D, the Thomas Smith farmhouse located northwest of Alexander, and a postcard containing a photograph of Westminster Abbey. Fonds also contains two biographical sketches written by William Birtles: one of Ms. Sarah Birtles - three pages - and one of Rt. Rev. W.W. H. Thomas D.D - six pages. Also includes the program of the Composite Lodge No. 64 G.R.M., A.F. & A.M. sixty-fifth Anniversary (Alexander, MB 1961).
Notes
CAIN No. 202569
Subject Access
Sarah Birtles
Rt. Rev. W.W.H. Thomas D.D
Thomas Smith
Alexander
Manitoba
farmhouse
masonic lodge
Storage Location
2003 accessions
Storage Range
2003 accessions
Show Less

Alcoholism Foundation of Manitoba, Parkwood Treatment Centre

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions9307
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
March 22, 1992
Accession Number
1-2002
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Creator
L.A. Stuckey
Description Level
Item
Series Number
3.1
Item Number
1-2002.3.1D18(1)
Accession Number
1-2002
GMD
graphic
Date Range
March 22, 1992
Physical Description
2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Material Details
Negative
History / Biographical
Built in 1991-1992 for $1.4 million, the official opening of the Centre was May 29, 1992. The centre is currently (April 2010) called the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba, Parkwood Centre.
Custodial History
For custodial history see the collection level description of the Lawrence Stuckey collection.
Scope and Content
Alcoholism Foundation of Manitoba (AFM), Parkwood Treatment Centre located on Victoria Avenue East.
Name Access
Alcoholism Foundation of Manitoba
Parkwood Treatment Centre
Subject Access
Alcoholism
Health Services
Treatment Centres
Brandon Public Buildings
Repro Restriction
The McKee Archives is the copyright holder for the Stuckey materials.
Storage Location
Lawrence Stuckey collection
Arrangement
[Mr. Stuckey put 2 negatives in the same envelope. We have separated them and numbered them D18(1) and D18(2).]
Images
Show Less

Alcoholism Foundation of Manitoba Parkwood Treatment Centre

http://archives.brandonu.ca/en/permalink/descriptions9308
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Description Level
Item
GMD
graphic
Date Range
March 22, 1992
Accession Number
1-2002
Part Of
RG 11 Lawrence Stuckey fonds
Creator
L.A. Stuckey
Description Level
Item
Series Number
3.1
Item Number
1-2002.3.1D18(2)
Accession Number
1-2002
GMD
graphic
Date Range
March 22, 1992
Physical Description
2 1/2" x 2 1/2"
Material Details
Negative
History / Biographical
Built in 1991-1992 for $1.4 million, the official opening of the Centre was May 29, 1992. The centre is currently (April 2010) called the Addictions Foundation of Manitoba, Parkwood Centre.
Custodial History
For custodial history see the collection level description of the Lawrence Stuckey collection.
Scope and Content
Alcoholism Foundation of Manitoba (AFM), Parkwood Treatment Centre.
Name Access
Alcoholism Foundation of Manitoba
Parkwood Treatment Centre
Subject Access
Alcoholism
Health Services
Treatment Centres
Brandon Public Buildings
Repro Restriction
The McKee Archives is the copyright holder for the Stuckey materials.
Storage Location
Lawrence Stuckey collection
Arrangement
[Mr. Stuckey put 2 negatives in the same envelope. We have separated them and numbered them D18(1) and D18(2).]
Images
Show Less